Friday 7 February 2014

Upstairs in Grade 2!


 

Wow wow wow!  I had such a great time with Mrs. Bedford’s class this morning!  Mrs. Bedford came to pick me up from the library and then I got to ride in the elevator.  It was a little scary but very fun!  When I got to the room Mrs. Bedford welcomed me and I got to hang out with her for a little while until the bell rang!  I felt a little nervous to meet another new class but knew I would be fine fine fine because all the other classes I have met have been so kind and caring.  The kids started to pile in the door!  They were all very excited to see me!  I was a bit frightened so I hid in my home until I felt more comfortable.  Mrs. Bedford explained the rules.  She said that the students needed to be quiet and not to touch or bump my cage.  I was very happy about that I don’t like when my cage gets bumped.  A few student go me clean water and gave me some more food!


Then the exciting part happened!  All the kids sat in a circle and I got to meet all the students as Mrs. Bedford held me and walked around the circle.  Then one very kind student helped Mrs. Bedford gently put me into my ball.  I got to run around in my ball while all the kids looked at me and talked to me.  I really liked showing off all of my awesome moves!  After a while we got to take a class picture!  I was in my ball in the centre and all the kids had a craft of me they had made.  It was a very fun picture!  I had a little accident but most of the kids didn’t say yuck which was really nice of themJ  After the picture, Mrs. Bedford gently held me while she walked around and all the students got to pet me very carefully.  They were very kind and curious.  They had lots of questions!  I also had lots of questions for them but I don’t think they could understand when I squeak! 


 

 



I was put back into my cage and I was very tired so I had a nap.  Later when I woke up I decided to stay in my house but I could hear Mrs. Bedford teaching the students how to sketch me.  It sounded like they were doing a very good job! 




I had such a fun time with Mrs. Bedford’s Class I couldn’t wait until after lunch when I would get to go and visit Mrs. Balon’s Class.

Fun Fun Fun!!!

Humphrey     




Wow-wow-wow!  This afternoon I was rolled across the hall to Mrs. Balon’s grade 2 class.  They are 
 
  full of such kind and caring students!  I was tired-tired-tired from the last few days and I felt pretty bad that I slept almost the whole time I was in her class!  I wanted to snuggle up to my newspaper and get in a good days sleep (after all, I am nocturnal), but I did manage to wake up for a few minutes to roll around in my ball and meet the class before I fell asleep again.  These kids were so eager to meet me that they tried extra hard to stay quiet while they worked, so I could get a little bit of sleep.  Nice-Compliment-CJ, Thank-You-For-Helping-Tavin and Good-Job-Ethan were extra-extra-extra quiet and I felt very safe in Room 8 with Mrs. Balon and her wonderful students!  In fact, I snuck back in her class today to see how their portrait drawings of me were coming along.  When I was in her class on Thursday, Mrs. Balon just started teaching them how to draw a hamster called Humphrey (and who else could they be talking about other than little ol’ me!), so I quickly opened the lock-that-doesn’t-lock , snuck into her room and WOW-WOW-WOW this class is talented!  The sketches look just like me and I cannot wait to see them all hung up in the halls so I can look at them while I’m on my nightly stroll.  I think I was pretty sneaky and no one saw me scurrying around as I made my way back to my cage. 


 

I cannot wait to see Mrs. Balons class again so I can squeak to them about how much I loved being in their class!  I might just have to make a special appearance before my farewell assembly on Friday…. I guess they will all have to wait to find out what tricks I have up my fur! I mean sleeve!  Wait… I don’t have sleeves…..  UUhhmmm… They will just have to wait until Thrusday to find out my plan. ;)

 




Happy sketching Room 8!

 

Your friend,

 

Humphrey

No comments:

Post a Comment