Wednesday 5 February 2014

Hanging out with grade 2's

Hi-Hi-Hi!  I had trouble waking myself up this morning.  Yesterday was a busy day at school and then I helped Miss Cinnamon at night again.  It's hard to be a hamster but I'm having FUN-FUN-FUN at Galbraith.


Tuesday moring I was in Ms. Rahim’s class.  I noticed the students watching me. I began to climb. One student said, “You climb like superman and drop like a raindrop.” I just jumped down, from the bars, onto the climber, in my cage. The students sat in a circle and I ran inside it. They pet me gently, like Sayeh. I found out that Emma and Nolan have had hamsters at their houses. They were very, very, very, gentle with me.

In my cage, I showed the class how I groom myself by licking my paws and washing my face. They laughed, laughed, laughed.

I sharpened my teeth on the cage bars too because it felt good. I had fun spinning my wheel for the class, like I was driving a car. They laughed, laughed, laughed…again. I think they were happy to have me visit because everyone had a smile on their faces, when I left.

On Tuesday afternoon I went to Mrs. Durrant's classroom.  I liked the kids very much.  There was Get-To-Work-Rhys-a-Roni, Tie-Your-Shoes-Kaylia and Wait-For-The-Bell-Bailey.  There were lots of other kids but I spent a lot of time sleeping in my ball so I didn't hear all of their names.  There are a few weird-weird-weird things I should warn you about in Mrs. Durrant's classroom.  First of all, I was not the only animal in the room.  There were all of these things called sock monkeys, which are kind of like monkeys but more like big socks with faces.  Very creepy-creepy-creepy!  It reminded me of jack 'o lanterns in Mrs. Brisbane's classroom.  The other thing was this big tshirt with a picture of ME on the front of the shirt.  I know that I am very handsome but nobody asked me if I wanted to have my giant picture on someone's clothes.  I took a close look at the shirt and I bit Big-Shirt-Humphrey right on the nose to let him know how I felt!

The students in the classroom seemed to like me, even though I spent most of the afternoon sleeping.  Mrs. Durrant held me in her nice warm hands and let each student pet my soft-soft-soft fur.  They were very gentle.  Some kids even cleaned up the mess that was in my cage.  I had fresh water to drink and it was a very good day!

1 comment:

  1. When is your birthday? How was it in our class Humphrey? it's Durrants class -From Caden Petryga

    ReplyDelete